– Why do I have to listen to so much bullshit to find a good tune? Out of 20 songs I play, one is worth it. How can I decrease that ratio? I don’t think last.fm is the answer. I don’t believe in masses.
– These days I have a problem to listen to tracks from beginning to end. As I said in my last post I am checking everything on the ipod and rating stuff. That means that after 20 or 30 seconds I have made up my mind and have to move on. I am bored by any title after the 30 seconds mark.
– I have rated more than 5,000 songs by now, there are another 15,000 to come. I fear that my already dwindling love for music is about to disappear completely after the rating exercise. I should never have downloaded all that free stuff in the first place. The greed is firing back. It is a killer like in real life.
– When I started this blog at WordPress I reserved another name which didn’t appeal to me enough to use it. A word which mixes German and English. And ear and sex. Right now I prefer it tons to the name and address I have chosen. What do you think? Should I change again?
– I love that soul number by Scott-Heron. It’s cooler than a glacier in the Swiss alps. And hotter than the music in any techno club in Berlin. And smoother than a Pomerol.
Gil Scott-Heron – We Almost Lost Detroit